Forgot to post

There are a few things I forgot to post. First, my TUSAL shot–

Next up is my latest WIP. When I started this, I expected it to take less time than it has, not only because I always underestimate how long a project will take, but also because I was working on another project that took me much longer than it should have taken. I’ll post about that project soon.

This is Jacks are Wild by Waxing Moon Designs. The lightning bolts are stitched with glow-in-the-dark DMC thread. I’m going to frog the yellow swirl. I will replace it with DMC’s new memory thread or their flourescent thread. I haven’t decided yet. I’m stitching this because the husband and the boy are both named Jack. I’ve decided to have fun with the project because it’s a funny image, and it will make it more fun–and wild. 😉

And last, something that’s been finished since August, I believe.

Elizabethan Stitching Accessories by Tristan Brooks Designs. The original plan was to make a mattress cushion, but apparently, I can’t count. I pouted for a while before assembling them. The pincushion is stuffed with lavender. Mmm…

Happy Stitching! 🙂

TUSAL catch up

June was a really bad month. That’s about as interesting as it gets. I didn’t get much stitching done over  the summer. I didn’t post them, but I somehow managed to take TUSAL pics. Then I broke my arm patting myself on the back. 😉

June 01, 2011 TUSAL photo

July 01, 2011 TUSAL photo

July 30, TUSAL photo

August 29, 2011 TUSAL photo

 I hope you’ve had a lovely summer. I’ll try to catch up soon with what I’ve been up to lately. Happy Stitching. 🙂

TUSAL 04/04/11

We had a mishap with the shelf I’ve been using to photograph my TUSAL jar. Lucy approves of this month’s progress. She disapproves of its lack of cushy comfort.


I decided to have a bit of fun this year by signing up for Sharon’s TUSAL–Totally Useless Stitch-Along. Participants post a picture of their ort jar around the new moon each month. I started saving my orts just after December’s new moon.

I’m pretty sure I began with Decembre 2007 Biscornu. I don’t see any of those orts. After that, it was Night Before Christmas.Most of what you see below the blue layer, and, of course, the blue layer, is from that project. The top layer is Bargello Symphony. I had to put new Anchor floss on stitchbow when I prepared the project’s kit. I tossed the labels in the jar on a whim. I don’t know if  I’ll continue. I’m going to follow my whims as the year progresses.

Happy ort colleting until next new moon, stitchers.