I had an urge for something new. This project won. The model looks like so. I didn’t care for the fabric included in the kit, so I went stash diving and came up with 28-ct. Country French Wheaten. I’d gotten a bit of two stockings and then the branch when I decided I didn’t like the size. It was too big. I plan to make an ornament rather than a pincushion, and it seemed huge. I also realized that the light color for the right stocking was nearly the same color as the fabric. I frogged the stitching. I was too lazy/impatient to look for a new fabric, so I decided to stitch over one. I switched out the creamy color for NPI white. It was handy in my Shores WIP. Easy choice. I’ve been anti-word stitching lately. It’s weird, because I might ordinarily tell you I enjoy stitching words. Not lately. Hence, no “Merry Merry Be” atop the branch, but a couple of extra stitched stars. I wonder if my “None of the Words” mood is why I’m procrastinating the last two blocks on Shores? I could have used the star button that came with the kit, but I didn’t want to. I had to change a couple of the specialty stitches due to the over one stitching. The berries are French knots instead of Smyrna crosses. The squares in the right stocking are Smyrna crosses instead of the modified Rhodes stitches that were charted. I also omitted the Quaker star motif and the bottom of the design. Just felt like it. I really liked the trees, but I don’t love sheep the way the Shepherd’s Bush gals do. It felt done. As my son enjoys saying, “I’m not even sorry!” 😀
|From Cross Stitch 2012|
Merry Be Pincushion kit by Shepherd’s Bush. Stitched 1 over 1 on 28-ct. Country French Wheaten with floss supplied in kit, except for the cream color. NPI white was substituted. Adaptations were made due to its size and my mood.
Who knows, I might even finish it into an ornament before Christmas. Heh.
Happy Stitching! 🙂