I’ve made some progress on Pieta. My goal was to complete 23 rows. It doesn’t look like anything. I take that back. It looks like smeared pencil and spilled ink. At least I’m able to recognize what I’m looking at when I study the picture. It’s a small consolation, but I suppose it will keep me from giving it up. The boy’s friend asked me if it was a globe, then told me he thought it was a fountain at first.
I’d originally planned to stitch this with the parking method. Eventually I realized I’d be rethreading a needle every five stitches. I so didn’t want to do that. I know I could park the thread still in the needle, but that sounds like a big mess waiting to foil me. I decided to skip the parking routine altogether.
Progress stats, according to Terri Reckoning (tm 🙂 ):
Completed rows: 23/235, or 10% (close enough, anyway)
Completed pages: 0/16, or 0%
Completed stitches: 7500/42300, or 17% (that means the big white blob between the black stitches is only about 8%. *sigh*)
I’ve gained 4% overall progress since my last report. At one point I thought about completing one of the mostly black pages so I could have at least one completed page but decided against splitting my goals. The tiny numbers can overwhelm me sometimes. I have to remind myself that every project is completed the same way–one stitch at a time.
Happy Stitching! 🙂