So, I finally finish-finished something! Go, me! It’s a small and belated accomplishment, but I’m taking it. I couldn’t decide what to do about the trim–or if I even wanted trim. I’m slow. Sue me. 😉
Jingle! biscornu by Just Nan. It’s from her Over the Top! series. The model was finished with burgundy ribbon bows at four corners. I didn’t want to do that, because I didn’t want to be “stuck” with one side being the top. I wanted to incorporate jingle bells in the embellishments until I realized the only thing that makes this design “jingly” is the name. Besides, if I was going to use bells, I wanted them to have a nice tone, and any bells that are small enough for my taste are more about decoration than jingling. So much for that idea. I thought I’d do a ruched trim. It’s a small biscornu, and the 4mm ribbon I had seemed too big. I ordered 2mm ribbon. That didn’t work to my satisfaction. I thought the ribbon was too thin. I needed something “just right.” I finally decided to crochet the trim with DMC 3689. I’m not a skilled crocheter, but I actually even remembered how to single crochet! It was a sign. It doesn’t show up well in the photos, but the pearly beads are a pale green color. I think they work; I’m pleased.
Vitals: Jingle! biscornu by Just Nan
Stitched on 28-ct opalescent white linen using recommended DMC fibers and included bead embellishments. Trimmed with DMC 3689 single crocheted trim and pearly beads.