Page One Done!

The Desiderata pattern is divided into five 11″ x 17″ pages.  Yesterday, I finished the first page!  *clap, clap*

I wasn’t able to work on it last Monday.  I tried to talk myself into doing just the long-armed cross-stitch row, but I wasn’t up for it.  The massacre at Virginia Tech threw me for a loop.  I didn’t stitch for almost an entire week.  One look at the calendar, and the reminder of  my brother’s fast-approaching wedding got me out of my funk.  I may even finish his sampler this week. *hope*

wip-04-23-07.jpg

Anyway, I noticed a couple of counting errors last night, late in the stitching session.  I decided not to change them.  They aren’t bothering me, and one of the ‘errors’ appears to match the model picture.  I don’t think the other error is noticeable.  I also modified the text here a slight bit.  In the graph, and in the model, there are two more rows between the two lines of text than in the rest of the sampler.  I thought it might be to accommodate the fleur-de-lis motif at the end of the text, but I was able to space the text and fit the motif in, so I did.

I love stitching this sampler ever so much.

Advertisements

One thought on “Page One Done!

  1. Wow! That is truly amazing! I can’t imagine five 11 x 17 pages….

    As long as the errors don’t bother you then leave them. It’s always been said that a great needleworker always leaves an error in their work :o)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s