Final sharing from 2013

It’s time to clean up the hanging threads of 2013 and make sure I’ve shared everything I’ve meant to share. I’ve been a neglectful blogger this year, so I have a few pictures I haven’t yet posted.

425 bone appetit 11 13

Bone Appetit from Lizzie Kate’s Halloween Thrillogy. I finished this a few days after Halloween.

425 pieta framed 11 13

Later in November, I got Pieta framed. I took a quick picture to show my father before Christmas. He was traveling for the holidays, so I’ll be sending this off to him shortly. I never did get a better picture than this. Dad joked I should take a picture with my phone. I thought it was a good suggestion. That one wasn’t better.

After I sent Wendy her ornament, I started working on ornaments for myself that I’ve wanted to stitch for a very long time–Brightneedle’s “To Thee” stockings from JCS Ornament issues. I stitched them on 28-ct. Country Cream Vintage linen. I used all DMC for each ornament.

425 to thee love           425 to thee hope

To Thee Love, from the 2004 JCS Ornament Issue, and To Thee Hope, from the 2006 JCS Ornament Issue.

425 to thee peace 12 21 13                     425 to thee a very merry

To Thee Peace from the 2003 JCS Ornament Issue, and To Thee a Very Merry from the 2008 JCS Ornament Issue.

I rotated the colors in Peace to give her a pink dress instead of pink accents. For A Very Merry, I added the year and moved around the eyelet stitches above the year to fit. I also had fun with the eyelets. Many of them are off center.

Finally, I made progress on 272 Words by Primrose Needleworks. I’m not quite done with the first page. Instead of GAST Nutmeg for the text, I’m using soot by Nina’s Threads, which I ordered from The Thread Basket.

425 272 words 12 30 13

That does it for 2013. I’m going to participate in the Sampler World Snoot Parrots SAL 2014 on Facebook, so I’ll have another WIP very soon.

Best wishes for a happy, healthy New Year.  Happy Stitching! :)

About these ads

2 thoughts on “Final sharing from 2013

  1. You have accomplished so much this year! You challenge yourself to a variety of projects and the results must leave you very gratified. The Pieta, for example, is such a contrast to the bargello Symphony which you did a year or so ago, and both are wonderful achievements.

    I did see that Patchwork Garden Pincushion Ball 08.13 was flawed by a fabric mischance in finishing, and I wondered if you have fixed the problem. When I went through the photos you made in progress, I saw that you had not machine stitched outside the green border stitching on each segment of the ball. It occurred to me that if you take out these two sections and (yes, it will require reembroidering at least one of the sections) machine stitch or even backstitch by hand just a thread or two outside the border, it will keep the fabric from fraying. Then you could reassemble it satisfactorily. I have had unfortunate experiences with joining pieces that are curved or have tight angles and learned that the additional tension requires additional reinforcement.

    Thank you for sharing all your work.!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s